.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 04, 2005

 

Sex, Religion and Politics, or lack thereof...

I guess I should get my views on the big three out in the open and start the debate.
Sex? I think it's a good thing and should be done whenever possible, unless it's with children or with good cuts of meat. I don't have a problem with gay unions, I don't even care if you want to call them marriages. I don't think it threatens "family values". I do believe however, no matter how well accepted gays become, you will still get the shit beaten out of you when some dickhead sees you walking down the street hand in hand. Sorry, there will always be dickheads.
Religion? Most are OK I guess, with the exception of Scientology. You have to be a flaming moonbat to adhere to that crap. I don't want to go into detail now, check out this link and tell me it's not a huge load. http://www.xenu.net/
Myself, I am an atheist. I tried for a while to believe in stuff but there is too much inconsistency with organized religion. I'm pretty sure if God is the CEO of the universe, and what with Him being perfect and all, it would not be so fucked up. Here are two quotes from characters in novels by Robert Heinlein. They pretty much express how I feel. If you don't know who Robert Heinlein is, please Google him soon and by all means, read some of his works.

"I've never understood how God could expect His creatures to pick the one true religion by faith, it strikes me as a sloppy way to run a universe."

and this one especially,

"The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universe, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy,without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all history."

That pretty much sums up my feelings on religion.

Politics?
At this point in my life I tend to walk more on the conservative side of the street, although I do not follow any party line. I find myself becoming more and more conservative as I grow older.
In my defense, just let me state that I think President Bush is a friggin pinhead. I think the religious right has set medical science back ten years. I think if Michael Moore had the shit kicked out of him there would be nothing left but a baseball hat.
Yep, I'm conflicted alright.

Comments:
I'm so glad to see you've found something useful to do with your time. I was beginning to worry I might have to do an intervention...although from what I can determine, interventions require the participation of several people with lots of time on their hands. I don't know those people and I'm far too occupied with lazing around to try to find them.
 
Hehehe, thanks Miz, I can always depend on you to lighten things up. I hope you stick around to see what develops. Thanks again so much for being such a good friend.
 
Hey, Sly Diog, your gravely is showing.

Nice job. Really.

I don't have much time to devote to creating something witty and clever right now, because I have a meeting to go to (yes...real, actual, business type stuff.)

I still can't believe you used blogspot, though. Real Manly Geeks* roll their own.

Frennz
*yes...I am one. No, you can't see my gravely.
 
Did you hear about the explosion in the auto parts store? Seems when the smoke cleared, there stood a perfectly assembled 2001 Pontiac Firebird that the blast had thrown together.

Do you know how the Declaration of Independence was written? Thomas Jefferson's youngest son dumped a box of letter blocks out on the floor and there it was, randomly, though perfectly spelled.

You don't believe that? Yet you believe something infinitely more complex, like the universe, could just randomly and perfectly come together down to the tiniest subatomic particle without any intelligent design. Sorry, I don't have enough faith to be an athiest.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?