.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 10, 2005

 

No brewin' today. It's too friggin hot!

Normally I brew a new batch of beer every Sunday but, because the Weather Man said it was going to be sticky today, I decided not to. It's not a big deal. I have seventy gallons in reserve, 40 of it in the keg and ready to serve and the other 30 are still in the fermenter.


Since I switched over to all grain brewing (I'll 'splain later), I haven't had to purchase any commercial swill. I have been self sufficient and then some for a year and a half now. Because I buy and brew in bulk, I can produce the equivalent of a case of beer for a little more than three dollars. I was paying $10 a 12 pack for Sierra Nevada PA or Harpoon IPA. Let me figure this out. Five cases a week @$3.20 = $16 or Five cases a week @ $20 = $100. Oh, I forgot to mention, the beer is better than any thing I can buy. No, really... I'm not blowing smoke up my own ass, It's really good, really, I'm not making this up. I made my share of crappy beer before I started making the beer I make now, and that beer is ...Sofa King Awesome!

Comments:
As much as I like to "Harp" on sly_dog, I must say, even his older extract based beer was quite tasty. I can only assume his all-grain is better.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?