.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 04, 2005

 

My Gravely

Last year I traded an old Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop for an old Gravely tractor. It's not a riding tractor, it's a two wheel walk behind one. It came with a snowblower and mower attachments. Gravely's were manufactured for 50 years or so for commercial and agricultural use. They were made to last for years and they have. The one I have was made in 1970 and it works just as well as it did when it was new. The air filter, oil filter, starter and battery are off the shelf automotive parts still available today from any auto parts store. Here is a photo of mine.

The problem I am having with it now is, every time I run over a sledge hammer, it bends the mower blade shaft. This makes the mower deck shake like a terrier
killing a rat*. Sure, I could "be more careful" or "watch where I was going" but Dude, WTF? When did I become some kind of "being careful kind of guy"?
Anyway, my problem is, the yard is starting to look ragged. Oh it's still being mowed, the lovely Janis has the Sears lawn tractor she does her part with. She can do 90% of it in less than an hour. It's the other 10% that is suffering. We do have a weed eater but COME ON, that would take a frickin hour. I don't have time for that shit. I gotta get the Gravely fixed. I'll keep ya posted.

* colorful phrase stolen from random Google search.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?