.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, July 02, 2005

 

Fireworks

Tomorrow my town does the 4th of July fireworks. I must say, they are truly world class. For a small town of 25,000 people we do an awesome job. People from all the surrounding towns come to our town to partake. The crowds are always in excess of 60,000. The reason they are so good is because we have a private committee that raises funds all year long to insure we get the best possible show outside of Boston or New York. They run for a half an hour but do not stop or slow down for a minute. I look forward to them all year. The wife and I make it a point to contribute $50 each year because to me, it's worth it. I love fireworks and our town never disappoints.
They hold them at a town park behind the middle school. They don't start till 9:00pm but I go there at noon to spread out a blanket on the third base line of the ball field directly under the display. My friend Steve lives 2 blocks away so we park at his house and drink beer from Six till eight thirty or so. The problem is, even if you piss before you go down to the park, after 20 minutes, you have to piss again. Of course, there is limited pissing there. The solution this year is to buy Depends and see if they can fit the bill. We have never used them before and of course will report back here as to their effectiveness. Wish me luck.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?