.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 04, 2005

 

And a good time was had by all.

Well as promised, we attended the local fireworks last night and I must say, they were better than ever. It was non stop for half an hour with no less than 2 shells in the air at any instant. There were 4 mini-finale's at the end of each musical piece and an enormous spectacular finale during the 1812 Overture. It left me with tears in my eyes.

As usual, we preceded the fireworks with a party at my friend Steve's and his neighbor Bill's. Lots of burgers, dogs and Bill had his new smoker going with a whole mess of ribs. Poor Steve is still recovering from a ten foot fall off the scaffolding around his barn. He fractured his leg reeeeel good and has to wear this awful looking contraption for another six weeks or so.

Poor bastard. I brought him a couple of cases of beer to help ease the pain.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?